If you live in any of the residential areas in Los Angeles, you'll know that we love our fruit trees. Did you know that it's not possible to sell the fruit you own at local farmers' markets or to restaurants? New local Silverlake eatery Forage originally accepted food from their neighbors who lived in the area, but was stopped by city health inspectors who informed them that they could only sell produce from certified sources. Meanwhile, Silver Lake Farms owner Tara Kolla has run into several roadblocks trying to sell stuff that is grown from her home - whether it was selling flowers, or food.
The solution? The Food & Flowers Freedom Act is expected get updated and approved today. Local ordinance language was decades out of date, and referred to "truck gardening" but didn't define what counted as truck gardening, and created confusion about what could or couldn't be sold out of one's home.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades